2040 Books announces this year’s ten finalists for the James Alan McPherson Award!
To all of the entrants, thank you for your submissions, and please know that the talent level was extremely high this year, so decisions were not easy to make. From the list below, judge Gish Jen will select a winner, which we hope to announce sometime in February. Stay tuned to 2040’s Twitter feed and their Facebook page for updates.
2040 Books will be offering a competitive, full market contract to the winner.
The ten finalists and the titles of their entries are:
- Beauty, by Christina Chiu
- With Love, Sandra Queen of Fish Sauce and other Stories, Bino Realuyo
- Where the Water Is, Anjoli Roy
- Preparatory Notes for Future Masterpieces, Maceo Montoya
- The High Price of Freeways, Judy Juanita
- How to Tell Her, Sandy Yang
- Parantela, Diane de Anda
- Adjustment Disorder, Patrick Mondaca
- The Secret Women of Vietnam, Manini Nayar
- Becoming Chicana, Tisha Marie Reichle-Aguilera