2040 Book Awards
June 15th – December 15th
Enter the Contest
The author of six previous books, Jen has published short work in The New Yorker, The Atlantic Monthly, and dozens of other periodicals and anthologies. Her work has appeared in The Best American Short Stories four times, including The Best American Short Stories of the Century, edited by John Updike. Nominated for a National Book Critics’ Circle Award, her work was featured in a PBS American Masters’ special on the American novel, and is widely taught.
News & Updates
What are we looking for?
2040 Books is a new voice in publishing, championing multicultural authors.
All work will be eligible despite genre, form, subject, or length. So we’ll take full-length manuscripts, collections short or long, excerpts, and essays.
Deadline: December 15th, 2018.
- Multiple entries will be accepted.
- The contest is open to international submissions.
- Entries may include a synopsis, outline, or introductory letter. Do not send personal correspondence to the judge.
- You may participate in other contests and programs as well as pursue publication during. There will be no penalties if your work wins another award or is published before the judging begins.
- Previously published material is eligible. This includes material published in zines, lit journals, and by micro presses. Self-published books are eligible. If you have published with a small press and not received any marketing support, then your book is eligible.